A much needed update is due for the blog! It's been a crazy spring/summer so far.
Grey is growing up so much! He talks nonstop and makes pretty comprehensive sentences. You can tell his imagination is soaring right now too - he goes on bear/bird hunts, plays pretend with serving us food, giving us stamps, etc. He also LOVES sports - baseball, basketball, football and soccer. When we would watch the Mavrick's playoff games (they won the National Championship!) he would call them the "Get-it Get-its" because that is how he would cheer for them to get the ball. When anyone fell on the floor, he would say, "Clean it up!" because they wiped up the sweat off the floor or tell them to go to time out for pushing. It was really cute!
His new thing at the moment is baseball. Dan got him a new glove and when Dan asked if it was "much better" than the other he had, Grey said it was "perfect!". He can hit the ball with the bat when we throw him the ball too! He does really well. He will run the bases, aka make the loop around our house, and slides on the rug into home plate. I can't wait for him to start playing in the toddler league at the YMCA.
He is still taking swimming lessons and has moved up to the big kid class, which means neither Dan or I have to go in the pool with him. For the first 2 lessons I think he cried most of the time because he wanted us in there but he does good now. He will float on his back with his arms out, jump off the ledge of the pool and has gotten much better about putting his face in the water but still likes to wear goggles (and the pink ones too :) ).
He is about to move downstairs to the big boy bed next week and hopefully start going to bed at a earlier time too (crossing my fingers there). He has gotten into a bad habit of not going to bed until 9:30 which leaves me and Dan no time for anything.
Overall he is excellent and really hasn't gotten the "terrible two" syndrome yet. He is very sweet at heart and always wants to make sure we are happy and will give us a kiss to make it all better if he does something wrong. I love him!!
On another note, we will be adding to the family in early October!! We are not finding out if it will be a boy or girl again. I will be 7 months (28 weeks) on July 20 so only a few more months to go! We are excited...a little nervous, but we are blessed to be growing the family. It has been such a HOT summer with temps over 100 for almost the entire month of July that I'm ready for the baby to come because it also means the fall is around the corner too. I'm due October 12 but am hoping to be induced October 7. Let the countdown begin!!
I'll post pictures and more updates later (hopefully sooner than later) but wanted to jot this down before I forgot and I had a little free time this morning at work.

1 comment:
THANK YOU KENDRA FOR THE UPDATE~~
GREY IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AND SMART LITTLE BOY~~HA HA~~SUCH A JOY~~LOVE HIS NI NI~~
Post a Comment