

Grey Harvey Mayfield arrived at 4:09 pm on January 27, 2009! Dan and I are both thrilled that he is here and are obsessed with him already :) I'll never forget hearing the doctor say "It's a boy!" and then looking at Dan - both of our eyes teared up with joy. As soon as I laid eyes on Grey my heart melted with love. My first words were "He looks like you, Dan!" He has Dan's eyes, nose and a head full of thick, thick hair. I think he has my lips and chin and long toes. He is perfect in every way...at least I think so :)
Dan and I got to the hospital around 6:00 am. We woke up extra early because Dallas was about to have an ice storm so we knew we would have to drive real slow. The doctors started to induce me around 6:50 am and by 10:30 am I was in "active labor". It was around this time that I got an epidural so it was painless from this point forward. In fact, Dan and I took a little nap and when the nurse came in to check on me, I was already 7 cm dialated. Around 3:15 pm Dr. Carter told me it was time to start. Not even an hour later Grey blessed us with his presence! I told the doctor I thought he would be born at 4:08 pm...I was a minute off :)
Dan and I got to the hospital around 6:00 am. We woke up extra early because Dallas was about to have an ice storm so we knew we would have to drive real slow. The doctors started to induce me around 6:50 am and by 10:30 am I was in "active labor". It was around this time that I got an epidural so it was painless from this point forward. In fact, Dan and I took a little nap and when the nurse came in to check on me, I was already 7 cm dialated. Around 3:15 pm Dr. Carter told me it was time to start. Not even an hour later Grey blessed us with his presence! I told the doctor I thought he would be born at 4:08 pm...I was a minute off :)

No comments:
Post a Comment